Will i be able to play this?

rishcu

I meet all the recommended specs except I have a hdd instead of an ssd will I still be able to play this if it's on a hdd?

Attachments

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Will you be able to play WHAT?

You posted minimum and recommended systems specs, but you didn't say WHAT they're for.

------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
All of the Cyberpunk 2077 sites that I checked recommend a solid state drive(SSD) and not a hard disk drive(HDD).

Even if you're not a gamer, using a SSD instead of a HDD will noticeably increase speed and snappiness in your computer.

(y)

--------------------------------------------------

rishcu

All of the Cyberpunk 2077 sites that I checked recommend a solid state drive(SSD) and not a hard disk drive(HDD).

Even if you're not a gamer, using a SSD instead of a HDD will noticeably increase speed and snappiness in your computer.

(y)

--------------------------------------------------
I know they recommend a ssd but could I use a hdd and still play it?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The only way you're going to know if you can play it in a HDD is to try.

Hopefully, your computer doesn't have a brand/model HDD which has a low performance rating.

SSD's tend to have much higher performance ratings than HDD's.

------------------------------------------------

I meet all the recommended specs except I have a hdd instead of an ssd will I still be able to play this if it's on a hdd?
In your attachment it clearly states....recommend, which means that you can in fact use a standard HDD. That said....you game play will be laggy and sluggish. It would be like the old DVD game consoles when they first came out......where certain points in the game has to load to continue game play which pauses the game. This is why they recommend using a SSD. There's just to much data moving for a standard HDD to keep up. It's the way of the future.

I strongly suggest upgrading your HDD to SSD......now days you can get a 500GB SSD for $50 (SATA SSD's).

Just curious; what are you system specs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online