1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Will I Be Able to Play?

Discussion in 'Games' started by O0000O, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. O0000O

O0000O Thread Starter

Hey I have Geforce FX Go5200 with 32MB VRAM. I have 1.25GB of RAM. If I play using the lowest graphics settings, and disable AA and stuff on my card, will I be able to play any games that require 64MB VRAM?
    If not, can anyone recommend a game that I could run that still has popular online play (other than Counter Strike)?
    Thanks.

2. ACA529

ACA529

Go to http://www.canyourunit.com to check what you can and can't play.

Your system specs do not seem adequate for most newer games.

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I will tell you that the 5200 was one of the weakest cards nvidia ever produced and was not even fully DX-9 compatible. I had the 128 mb vram version and it sucked with 512 megabytes of system ram. With 1.25 of system ram?? I doubt it is going to get much better really.

I could play games, but only on low settings. IMO the chip is worthless for gaming. :(

4. Arcadion

Arcadion

Runescape doesn't need a 3D card, and apparently your card is just enough to run World of Warcraft (although I couldn't vouch for it running it very well).

5. sup2a

sup2a

i dunno...my m8 was running WoW on an onboard 32mb card, 500 odd mb RAM and it was fine, except in the main cities

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice