Will I need to/should remove an Operating System

MLTHawk

Hey, I got a question. I am getting a new PC in less than a week. It is pre-built and is coming with Windows 10 installed already. I am looking to add my current PC storage to this new machine, if possible. The one thing is that my current machine is running a non licensed version of windows 7. Will I need to remove my Windows 7 OS for the new machine. If not is it something I do not need to worry about? Thank you. I have never done something like this before. As my current PC was fully made by a friend as I was a Xbox 360 gamer at the time and he made this machine for me for free to get me into PC gaming.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The new computer will treat the drive from your current computer as a data drive so unless you have encryption on it, you will be able to use as a data drive (extra storage). The question is what type of drive is it.

MLTHawk

I don't know anything about encryption. For the of drives, if you mean ssd or hdd, my new one will have Win 10 on the ssd (I think) and my current pc has Win7 on a hdd. Both pc will have a 250gb ssd and a 1tb hdd

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you don't have the correct port in the new computer, you would want to get an usb enclosure for the drive that you want to connect to your new computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online