1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Will it work? Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrneedhelp, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrneedhelp

mrneedhelp Thread Starter

If it dos not work i'll buy a stand alone blu ray player .I need your help.I don't want to lose money ,like i did when i bought that v.g.a.to hdmi converter.Stupid me.I want to put a blu ray burner in my older computer .I got a sparkles Ge Force 8400gs.It's hdtv,ddr, dvi-i hdcp , pci video card 512mb as the box states.My monitor is an Aser l.c.d 22 inch X203H BD It was manufatured 2009 March. If i got an c.p.u 945 pendium,very high ,Would blu ray player work on my computer?.or would it work if i got an A.t.i raid on video card 512 m.b.? it's windows 8 .My computer is dell dimension e310.Both monitor and card have dvi inputs, the mother board is OWJ770 or 0WJ770,600 watt power source ,ddr dimm1 256 mb and ddr dim 2 1 gb.If it does work would a dvi to hdmi cable work on my seki t.v .It blu ray compatible too.It advertise it.It's a new set.It only has vga, plus 1 v.g.a two hdmi input as far as computer is concern.It was manufacturer last year in october2012 my t.v that is 23 inch.But both sp:confused:arkles and acer have the dvi adapter.I don't want to make any mistakes:confused:

2. Simba7

Simba7

Ok. Let me try to translate this..

It's a Dell Dimension E310 (according to the motherboard)
    You have a Pentium 4-class processor, but not sure what speed
    You have a GeForce 8400GS w/512MB Dedicated and is a PCI Card
    You're running Windows 8?

Ok. If you want to watch a BluRay (or even a DVD), you'd need a player. I would suggest CyberLink. Windows 8 doesn't have support to view DVD's anymore unless you buy a pack.

You're also going to need a faster processor and (maybe) a video card to handle playback of a BluRay disc. That system is a bit old to handle recent, high efficiency codecs at those bit rates.

3. dai

dai

agree with the above

don't waste money on it and upgrade the computer as it is not capable of ever going up to b/ray

4. mrneedhelp

mrneedhelp Thread Starter

You mean That even iif i have a 945c.p.u It wouldn't work? Why did sparkle advertised that it was hdcp and hd ready and it has a dvi i plug? The p.i.c, only card that i have been l saw was the same 512 megabytes ddr 2 dvi and it was a ati raid on . Yet this was advertise as working for blu ray burners Why would that work and not the sparkle version? same 512 mb same ddr same hdcp ready.Unless it the mother board problem:( ?

5. dai

dai

the card may be capable

the problem is the rest of the system

b/ray puts a heavy load on the system

6. Simba7

Simba7

The requirements for Bluray playback on a computer is:

Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8;
    Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 GHz processor or equivalent AMD Athlon processor or higher recommended;
    512 MB RAM or higher recommended;
    250 MB of free disk space;
    An internal or external Blu-ray drive.

A Pentium 4 will *NOT* handle that type of load.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice