1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Will MAC/Apple survive the recession?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Kirkland, Nov 27, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. Kirkland

Kirkland Thread Starter

Wil MAC/Apple survive the recession?

2. deuce

deuce

For my money... I'd say no. I'm sure they'll make it though... as I'm sure all the major manufacture's probably will... but we never know during these things...

Are you looking for a new pc soon? If you aren't confortable building I would suggest you get a dell. They make fine machines and have the best PR and tech support for any computer maker... (in my opinion)...just not beter then the people at TSG. :D Take a peak at this thread it is talking about the same issue...

3. littlemar

littlemar

I'd also say they'll make it through. Don't most schools use Apples???

4. marioh

marioh

Considering that the majority of graphic artists (or at least the ones that I know) swear by Macs, I'd have to say that Apple is probably in a better position than most PC manufacturers during this current recession.
    They have their core customers and I don't foresee many of them switching over to PC whereas most PC buyers will look for the best deal, usually regardless of manufacturer.

5. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi littlemar

They don't use Apples around here in the schools anymore. The schools finally realized that they had to teach what the rest of the world was using. Of course most schools got apples for free or at a good discount in the past. Most companies today can't afford the expense of giving free computers to schools.

I think Apple will survive. They have made it through many years with many problems already.

6. littlemar

littlemar

Lurker1

I guess you could be right. But then when I was in high school there were no computers there. The only computers were the mainframe types behind glass walls. I guess that ages me.

;) Mary

7. Lurker1

Lurker1

"The only computers were the mainframe types behind glass walls."

Yeah, I used to work on those. I even worked on one where you could open the cabnet door, step inside, and close the door after you were in. (But I was really young then) ;)

8. littlemar

littlemar

You have come out of the cabinet?

Now let's see, you were really young, I am now coming up with the image of the baby in the Popeye cartoons. Just kidding (maybe)

9. Lurker1

Lurker1

You mean Sweetpea

Yes thats the age I was when I started working on computers. Yeah that's the ticket! :D

10. littlemar

littlemar

I could picture that kid with the dragging outfit but the name went bye-bye. Thanks for the name. Okay if you say you started that young I'll buy it for now but only if you believe my lies too.

:) :D

Mary

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice