1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Will Microsoft ever stop being the top OS???

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by HexStar, Oct 16, 2003.

Unmark Solved
Advertisement
  1. HexStar

HexStar Guest Thread Starter

Microsoft has been the most popular OS since it started and it doesn't seem like it'll stop. Or wil it? Will Apple take over?

2. hotskates

hotskates

I would "bet the farm" that Microsoft will be the most popular, FOREVER!!

3. barfly

barfly

Microsoft learnt from sony. If you want to control the hardware control the software.Where is the killer software on linux,it will never be written, because big bill will pay more,a software eng. with a good idea will automaticly write for win ** because that is where the money lies(and the money lies!)

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Microsoft will not live forever, in truth open source will eventually bypass windows. It just a matter of time before it happens.

5. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

My best friend from my church's youth group and his computer geek buddies are working on a OS called Doors that they want to have implemented as far as Windows is. Personally I think it's a long shot; but this dude's a complete genius IMHO, and hey, lil Billy Gates started out when he was a teen. It could happen. :D

6. HexStar

HexStar Guest Thread Starter

yep it sure could:)

7. aineo

aineo

The fall of Microsoft may already be beginning. With WalMart offering low price computers with Lindows as the OS, there is a much larger percentage of the poulation becoming exposed to an alternative. There is no doubt money talks and it speaks even louder when a major discount retailer is offering the product. Unfortunately, any alternative is either going to have to be a far superior product or one similar enough to MS that people can use it easily. I haven't used Lindows yet, but it is touted as being very similar to Windows, so maybe it will be the stake in the heart of MS. It all depends on how similar it is to Windows and how well the product is marketed.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172444

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice