1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Will my advent 7204 laptop read a micro sd card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robster1963, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robster1963

robster1963 Thread Starter

will my advent 7204 laptop read a micro sd card? Trying to get photos off my mobile phone onto laptop - phone has bluetooth but laptop won't discover it so have taken out micro sd card - specs for laptop say it has 4 in 1 card reader but I don't know how it works (the only slot I can find takes a bigger sd card) above the sd card slot there is a plastic tab that pulls out - is this the card reader?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The laptop slot probably reads SD cards. Your phone uses a micro SD card. You need an adapter to put the micro SD card in so you can put it in the slot in the laptop. I don't know what "plastic tab" is you're referring to. You'd have to post a picture of it here.

3. robster1963

robster1963 Thread Starter

Cheers DoubleHelix - I'll get my camera out tonight after work (about 7pm GMT) and attach a picture of the plastic dilly deal (!) above the sd slot. Thanks for responding - Rob.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!