Will my gaming laptop play AAA games?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VictorBrowne

I recently bought a gaming laptop (ASUS ROG GL552vw). Reviewers and commenters online have frequently said that it will "easily" play games and have even shown gameplay of AAA games like GTA 5 and Assassins Creed Syndicate. However, when I go to sites to investigate whether my laptop would be able to play such games (www.systemrequirementslab.com), I do not meet the recommended settings. Am I able to play these games or not? I am not interested in ultra-super-duper max settings. I would just like to casually play these games on this laptop.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16282 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953092 MB, Free - 859924 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., GL552VW

Triple6

Rob
Your laptop has a very high end processor, huge amount of RAM, and a decently powerful laptop gaming graphics card; key here is for a laptop. Both games have pretty high graphic card requirements though and that's where laptops tend to fall short, yours included. For GTA V the minimum is a 9800GT and the recommended is a GTX 660. You easily exceed the 9800 GT but don't match the GTX 660. Assassins Creed Syndicate is another story, it's minimum card is the GTX 660 and the Recommended is the GTX 760 or 970 with 4GB of RAM. Doing a quick Google search shows that people are playing Assasins Creed Syndicate on GTX 960M and this site suggests it will work decently OK as long as you don't go too high on the settings: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Notebook-Benchmarks.154621.0.html

For comparison, here are the Passmark scores for the graphics mentioned, higher is better:

GTX 960M: 1773
9800GT: 726
GTX 660: 4119
GTX 760: 4951
GTX 970: 8656

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online