1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

will my repeater bridge set up work?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by dragonfly522, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonfly522

dragonfly522 Thread Starter

Hi. I am somewhat a noob at this networking thing. I have configured networks for my internet before but I also had instructions to help me with the web interface. My question is about creating a repeater bridge making the host router providing the internet without a computer connected to it through an ethernet cable permanently. Is this possible to make it work? My scenario is that I use this computer in room A with it wired to the router because I am unable to get a strong signal wirelessly, even with the computer right next to the router that is wired straight to the cable internet modem. I want to move this computer into room B and make a repeater bridge with a separate router, wiring the secondary router into my computer. I don't whether or not I need to have a computer connected to the primary router permanently in order for a repeater bridge to work. My guess is no. If not, do I need a specific configuration made in the web interface to the primary router before I head over to room B? My problem is that I am envisioning a router that has no specific parameters on how to send the wireless signal to the secondary router. I have instructions on how to configure a repeater bridge, I just need to know what I have to do to the primary router before I can make it work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice