Will Norton Anti Virus 2003 work ok with XP Home 2002

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Darg_mals

Also is it possible that windows xp home 2002 has a built in anti virus or firewall already with in it? (couldn't seem to find anything)

If it doesn't have an antivirus program I was going to install norton for someone who has xp and they can't seem to find their windows xp disk could this be a problem?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
XP has no build-in AV in any version, and Norton 2003 work fine with all versions of XP. You shouldn't need the distribution disk to install an application like Norton AV, but you obviously should have it handy, because there are many situations where you could require the disk.

Darg_mals

ok Thank-you johnwill,

I have already sent them searching for it. I was trying to get their spell check option working in their outlook express, and discovered how to fix it but need the disk. They have the envelope with the # but no disk.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You could try stuffing the jacket of the disk into the CD, but I suspect it's not going to be effective. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online