1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Will Norton Anti Virus 2003 work ok with XP Home 2002

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Darg_mals, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darg_mals

Darg_mals Thread Starter

Also is it possible that windows xp home 2002 has a built in anti virus or firewall already with in it? (couldn't seem to find anything)

If it doesn't have an antivirus program I was going to install norton for someone who has xp and they can't seem to find their windows xp disk could this be a problem?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

XP has no build-in AV in any version, and Norton 2003 work fine with all versions of XP. You shouldn't need the distribution disk to install an application like Norton AV, but you obviously should have it handy, because there are many situations where you could require the disk.

3. Darg_mals

Darg_mals Thread Starter

ok Thank-you johnwill,

I have already sent them searching for it. I was trying to get their spell check option working in their outlook express, and discovered how to fix it but need the disk. They have the envelope with the # but no disk.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You could try stuffing the jacket of the disk into the CD, but I suspect it's not going to be effective. :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118390

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice