will not let me do an image restore on dell531s

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tlashley

Ok i am very new to this. but i will do my best to explain whats going on. It started when my internet started redirecting me i was using mozilla. I tried to restore and take care of it that way but it did not work. i then decided to try to do an image restore and no good it keeps wanting a name and password. i have done it before with no problems. but now i can not do hijack this it will not allow me to. i have tried to also use a vista disk and put it back to factory settings but again no good came up with a shortage of memory. i got a call from windows saying my computer was sending a ton of warnings to them, thought that was kinda wierd, so i am trying to get this taking care of if possible. thank you

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3517 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 600190 MB, Free - 473553 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 6115 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY206
Antivirus: System Shield, Updated and Enabled

(Moved to Vista forum since an infection would not affect an image restoration. The Hardware forum may turn out to be better later.)

Do you have the recovery disks that came with the machine?

Have you recovered and saved all the files on the machine that you do not want to lose?

What does a "call from windows" mean? Operating systems do not place unprompted phone calls to individuals.

tlashley

this machine did not come with any disk. the back up or recovery is on a seperate partition.
I do not really have anything on here, but it is a place where i pay all my bills, so i am trying to make sure i am safe. the phone call, he said he was from windows i hung up on him and he called me back, so i hung up on him again. not sure whats going on but it was wierd. and my pc has been funny since middle of november. i will lose my task bar and icon in explorer, i get redirected all the time in internet explorer, and i can not back up or system restore anything, everything i have tried something happens to make it not work. i do have a vista disk that i borrowed from my brother i tried to restore from that would not work not enough memory. i do not know where to start, please help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online