will not open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GNOMEX

I have an external storage system model EXCEL 2.0 3.5" HDD
it has been working perfectly until yesterday
when I click on the shortcut icon I get message.... the program can't start because rt170.bpl is missing fro your computer.
try reinstalling the program to fix the problem

there is no install disd as the unit is plug and play
can you please help thank you
Os is win7 pro

Hmmm, I think that you might have a virus. Do a safe mode MalwareBytes scan.

IRiguez, you cannot advise OP's to run any kind of Malware scan or you will get cautioned by the moderators. Malware removal has to be conducted in the Malware forum by qualified staff.

I should also point out that running Malwarebytes in safe mode is not the best way to use it as some infections will not be running in safe mode and will be undetectable.

We need to hear back from the OP in response to my first reply, if an infection is suspected then we always recommend the OP starts a new thread in the Malware forum :).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts