1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Will not restart after rebooting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clueless0040, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clueless0040

clueless0040 Thread Starter

I have restored my computer to the factory settings.( emachine T6520, Windows XP) It went through all the steps to restore my computer. Once it was done configuring it said : click on restart , I did. Once it shut itself down and started to reboot the Windows XP screen came up saying please wait.... Nothing else happens, it just stays on this screen and never restarts. What do I do? I do not know if this has anything to do with it but when it was configuring it went thru 1/36 screens. Once it was on 30/36 it seemed to repeat itself and then it jumped to 36/36 that when it said to click to restart. I have also tried powering down the computer and restarting. It restarts and stays on the Windows XP screen saying please wait...

2. Hughv

Hughv

See if you can start in Safe Mode, then check device manager to see if any drivers are missing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice