1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

will not save email password?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by j_wilk, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. j_wilk

j_wilk Thread Starter

Ok, this is going to make me sound stooopid, but I cannot get Outlook express to save the password and it's happening on 3 computers. All the computers are HP Pavilion XT963 (I didn't buy them, just trying to fix this problem and I'm not having this problem on the NON-HP computers) running Windows XP. When you go into Outlook Express -> Tools -> Accounts -> Mail -> account name -> Properties -> Servers it will have the username saved and a check mark for Save Password. You can type the in password (it puts in the little dots for the characters), click Apply &/or OK and go back into the same place and the character dots are not there. Or if you don't go directly back and check and see if the password is there and you close out of Outlook Express and reopen, it will prompt you for the password (with the Save Password box grayed out). I have downloaded Windows Updates, checked HP's sight, and email HP (yet to receive and answer).

Got any Ideas. I have not reinstalled IE6 w/ OE6 yet, but it is next on my list.

Thanks in advance.

2. ian.p.h

ian.p.h

are you sure you have the right password, as simple as that sounds it has happened to a few friends of mine.

3. j_wilk

j_wilk Thread Starter

I thought of that too, but when it prompts for the password and I type it in, it will go ahead and send/receive email just fine. I've double and triple checked just to be sure.

4. j_wilk

j_wilk Thread Starter

5. Brooks

Brooks Guest

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice