1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Will not Wake up out of Sleep mode properly

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by JoeyG, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

Hey working on A Dell Inspiron 530S Desktop with Vista Home Premium SP2, just did a reinstall all seemed to be well until i try to put it in sleep mode.. When i do, it goes to somewhat sleep, by way of somewhat I mean the monitor goes off, yet the fans still whistle and the drives keep going.. Then finally they cease and the power button blinks to notify me i;m in sleep mode.. I then try to click mouse, or push key on keyboard to wake it up, absolutely no response.. I then have to power it down by way of holding power button in.. when it finally goes off, I turn back on and it seems like it's waking from hibernation mode not sleep.. What I mean is the task bar slowly appears, then some Desktop icons, all very slowly, it takes full minute to get entire desktop back, and 3 minutes overall for it to function properly. Says drivers are all up to date but I don't really trust that.. I reset all power options to balanced (thats what they were anyway) And didn't seem to be any BIOS setting to change (reset them too) could there be a driver or program confliction somewhere? This is Weird.. thanks in advance

2. shadow6224

shadow6224

download a hijackthis log. run it and then post results here.

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

I can try that, but this was an absolute fresh install, on new HDD, and i installed security first thing, Thinking most likely not a virus issue, thinking more it's a driver issue.. Thx

4. shadow6224

shadow6224

I just need it to see what you have on it.

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

Ok I'll get it for ya, give me a couple days, it's a friends computer.. Also everything else is flyin, Internet, Downloading, Programs, it's just the Sleep mode thats very off..
    .. Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/990132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice