Will recent FCC ruling on net neutrality allow municipalities to build systems?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hhannam

Dick
I'm not certain whether this is the appropriate forum, or even if there is any appropriate forum on TSG, for my question, but I no doubt will soon learn the answer.

As a result of the recent FCC net neutrality ruling (end of Feb.) proclaiming the Internet as a "Utility" under Title II regulations, does anyone anyone on this forum think they know themselves, or could suggest another source that knows, whether or not municipalities will now be able to construct or develop their own local Internet systems (by hooking into the existing Internet infrastructures currently feeding the area, but belonging to private firms such as Comcast).

To be more specific, I am not asking whether they can confiscate (for a fee) the local infrastructure, but rather, can they build their own and hook into the "system" (for a fee) at the border of the municipality.

I haven't taken the time yet to read the rather lengthy report, but I have downloaded it for reference.

Thanks for your interest.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online