1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

will the intel (Intel Core i7-7700HQ fit in a i7-6700HQ sock

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wvdoublec77, Mar 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wvdoublec77

wvdoublec77 Thread Starter

Will the intel (Intel Core i7-7700HQ fit in a i7-6700HQ socket im getting a used laptop that has a I7-6700HQ in it right now and i have a Broken Laptop that has the I7-7700HQ and would love to put that cpu in it when i get it

Thank you very much
    Wvdoublec77

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The only one who can tell you is the laptop mfg. It is a lot more than simply fitting in the socket. The motherboard bios must have the correct microcode to run the cpu. The VRs must be capable of supplying the correct vcore or cpu voltage, etc, etc.
    My guess [and it is only a guess] is that it will not work however for a definitive answer, contact the laptop mfg.

Generally with a laptop, unless the cpu was an option at the time you purchased the laptop, no upgrade is possible. Again, check with the mfg.

SarahSims likes this.
  3. wvdoublec77

wvdoublec77 Thread Starter

Thank you very much i will contact them tomorrow and again thank you for your response

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice