Will The Memory Work On This Mobo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Just0

Well heres the thing...i just purchased some new parts for my computer and i realized that i have an agp 4x slot but my videocard requires an 8x slot...so i found this motherboard..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130519

but i am wondering does the ram really need to be pc3200??? Cause i just purchased new pc2100 ram for my existing motherboard and if i dont use it it is a waste of money...thanks

Just0

pugmug

Banned
Agp 8x vid cards are backward compatable with 4x agp vid card mobo slots and you will see very little if any difference running that 8x in a 4x slot. ps. that pc2700 should work but why buy the pc3200 ram mobo to get a 8x agp slot over a 4x slot and give the preformance back by running pc2700 ram and not pc3200 ram. You gain nothing that way.

Just0

Well its pc2100 ram so i was wondering will it really matter for the video card??? cause im not getting the full performance out of my videocard and i cant find any processors in my range that wound run my X800GTO 256MB...So please will the motherboard run my ram???

Pentium 4 2.4GHz
1GB Kingston Ram
60GB Harddrive
X800GTO 256MB
Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1

Just0

becuase i am trying to get my videocard to run at what its supposed to

in dod source it should be running around 100-120 but its running 30-40

Does it say that it runs at 100-120 with a 2.4GHz Pentium4, PC2100 RAM and 4x AGP?

You need a faster processor, better motherboard and faster RAM (PC3200).

If the extra stuff you've bought is all still new then think about returning it and investing in a more modern system with PCI-express video capability.

Just0

Well My Proccessor is reccommended for BF2 and DOD:Source...Im Just Thinking If I Can Get The New Motherboard With The 8x On It...Use The Pc2100 Until I Can Afford New Ram....Is That Ok??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online