Will these work together?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jorgeblam

This is the first time I'm building my own computer. I've upgraded mine several times but I figure I should just start fresh :) . The computer will be used for gaming and photo editing (photoshop, 3DSM7) and I just want to make sure all these parts are compatible with each other.

Intel P4 3.4GHz
Link

Motherboard
Link

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1024mb) Ram
Link

XFX GeForce 6800 GT
Link

Seagate 250GB HDD
Link

Sony CD-RW, DVD±RW Drive
Link

1.44mb Floppy Disk Drive
Link

Enermax 485W PSU
Link

Case
Link

FujiPlus 19" LCD Monitor
Link

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

jorgeblam

I often replace or upgrade parts in my current computer. I don't think it will be too hard for me to build one - and I will have help so yeah I'm positive I can do this....Parts-Suggestions?

jorgeblam said:
I often replace or upgrade parts in my current computer. I don't think it will be too hard for me to build one - and I will have help so yeah I'm positive I can do this....Parts-Suggestions?
Honestly, with minimal computer experience, and the proper parts to work with..anyone can build a computer. Just remember ESD is your enemy when building a system, a small electrical shock, even ones invisible to the eye, can damage important system parts..so be careful when handleing your components, ground yourself properly and take your time when building it, do it right. MAKE SURE YOU SET THE PROCESSOR PROPERLY, I see that happen so many times.

looks ok, you intel boy :D Make sure you have plenty of cooling I hear those Prescotts run really toasty. Maybe even an after maket cpu/hsf.

crjdriver

The only thing I would add is that newegg is a better company to buy from than tigerdirect. They also have the same board quite a bit cheaper. See this link I did not check the other parts, however I would think with a $17 dollar difference on just the board, you would end up saving some cash.

jorgeblam

Big-E: I always take precautions when it comes to ESD (Anti-Static wristband) but thanks for the reminder.

brite750: Yeah I'm sure they do run hot but im getting a good heat sink and fan for mine. Plus the case supports four 80mm fans to keep it chill in there :) .

Thanks guys!

jorgeblam said:
Big-E: I always take precautions when it comes to ESD (Anti-Static wristband) but thanks for the reminder.

brite750: Yeah I'm sure they do run hot but im getting a good heat sink and fan for mine. Plus the case supports four 80mm fans to keep it chill in there :) .

Thanks guys!
that should do it, hey if you want a cheap place to get Panaflow case and cpu fans try directron.com

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!