Will this PC run correctly and am I missing anything?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Taylorrrr

White themed build
Intel core i7-9700k

Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM liquid cpu cooler

Asus PRIJE Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM

Corsair iCUE 465X RGB ATX MID TOWER CASE

Super flow Leadex III ARGB 650 W 80+ Gold certified power supply

Microsoft Windows 10 home 64 bit

MSI Optix G241 23.8” 144 hz

RTX 3070 graphics card (comes out 29th November).

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM
This seem to be HDD?
If yes this is like insult for the rest of hardware, make sure you get SSD in addition to that drive, or just SDD even it that means less space.

MSI Optix G241 23.8” 144 hz
You likely won't get what you want out of RTX 3070 with this monitor, look at small letters:

Up to 4k 12-bit HDR at 240Hz with DP1.4a+DSC. Up to 8k 12-bit HDR at 60Hz with DP 1.4a+DSC or HDMI2.1+DSC. With dual DP1.4a+DSC, up to 8K HDR at 120Hz
In short for this GPU to get maximum look for 144+ hz monitor with:
12 bit HDR
DP (Display port) v1.4a or v2.0 + DSC (Display Stream Compression)

Corsair vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB
There are multiple flavors for this memory here:
VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 Memory Kit — Black (corsair.com)

CPU supports dual channel memory modules 2666 Mhz
Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz) 186604

You can get higher speed modules (since Z390 supports them) but channel count is not clear, from what I see single and dual channel modules exist for this type.

Microsoft Windows 10 home 64 bit
I would never recommend or buy "Home" edition due to limitations, get at a minimum Windows 10 Pro,
if you want to have control over OS, or to stream games you might also want to check to meet all hardware requirements for the built in features:
Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Taylorrrr

This seem to be HDD?
If yes this is like insult for the rest of hardware, make sure you get SSD in addition to that drive, or just SDD even it that means less space.

You likely won't get what you want out of RTX 3070 with this monitor, look at small letters:

In short for this GPU to get maximum look for 144+ hz monitor with:
12 bit HDR
DP (Display port) v1.4a or v2.0 + DSC (Display Stream Compression)

There are multiple flavors for this memory here:
VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 Memory Kit — Black (corsair.com)

CPU supports dual channel memory modules 2666 Mhz
Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz) 186604

You can get higher speed modules (since Z390 supports them) but channel count is not clear, from what I see single and dual channel modules exist for this type.

I would never recommend or buy "Home" edition due to limitations, get at a minimum Windows 10 Pro,
if you want to have control over OS, or to stream games you might also want to check to meet all hardware requirements for the built in features:
Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)
Thank you so much for the reply. For the SSD what would you recommend instead of the HDD?
Also, would it be fine with a 3200 MHz or do I need to get a better CPU, and can you recommend any?

M2 drive would be even better since mobo has slots for them (see specs) but are more expensive than SSD's
Either instead of HDD or in addition to HDD, hard drive is good for storage but not to run OS or to play games.

There are many models, see sample comparison here:
Best SSD 2020: The Fastest Solid-State Drive for Your Gaming PC - IGN

would it be fine with a 3200 MHz or do I need to get a better CPU
No need for another CPU, Z390-A supports up to 4266 MHz (overclocked)

Here is a list of compatible RAM:
PRIME_Z390-A_Memory_QVL_20190225.pdf (asus.com)

Your biggest concern is monitor and storage, good GPU requires good monitor as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online