Will this setup work??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Raynor772

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS SSC

ASUS M3A-H/HDMI 780G ATX

Kingston 2x1GB 240 pin 1066

AMD Phenom 8450 Toliman 2.1GHz AM2+ 95W triple core

I've been trying to see if these will all work together before I order them. I already have the 8800 GTS, but I need the others to be able to use it. Will they work together?

crjdriver

Well I see one big issue. To support that cpu, you need bios 0504. If your board ships with that bios fine. If not, you will need to either borrow an old semperon from someone or buy the cheapest one in order to flash the bios.

Raynor772

Well, everything is working, thanks for that advice, but I'm noticing something strange about my hard drive. Its a Western Digital 250GB SATA drive that is detected in both BIOS, and Windows XP's device manager, but I don't see it in my computer... any ideas.

Raynor772

Well, i'm not sure how to format a drive that doesn't show up in My Computer, that got me thinking, so I put in my WinXP disc, and made partitions of the drive, as if in preparation to install WinXP, then quit out of it. The partitions I wanted showed up in My Computer then, and I formatted. They're working now. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online