Will Vista support this system?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fencingstar

Can someone please tell me if vista will support this and if so what type of vista should i get. eg pro,basic,ultimate 32-bit or 64bit

Motherboard - Asrock SKT-775 CONROE865PE S/L 1066FSB
CPU - INTEL PENTIUM 4 PROCESSOR
SPEC NUMBER - SL7PR
CPU SPEED - 2.80GHZ
BUS SPEED - 800 MHZ
PACKAGE TYPE - LGA775
GRAPHICS - nVIDEO GE-FORCE FX 5200 128MB/DDR
MEMORY/RAM - 1GB

Thanks alot.
Matt

fencingstar

Sorry I forget to mension the system which i hope to put vista on is in bits and the ram has not arrived yet so there is no way i can test it.
Sorry i forget to mension it earlier

Matthew

It will run but a 256 MB graphics card and another gig of RAM would help a lot.

fencingstar

My mobo can take up to 4gb of ram so i can upgrade. Pity about graphics :(
Will 128 give me translusent windows so i can see background images?

and what version of vista would you reccommend? basic, preium, ulitmate and is this system 32 bit or 64bit

Please help
Matt

fencingstar said:
My mobo can take up to 4gb of ram so i can upgrade. Pity about graphics :(
Will 128 give me translusent windows so i can see background images?

and what version of vista would you reccommend? basic, preium, ulitmate and is this system 32 bit or 64bit

Please help
Matt
Your graphics card and current system specs will run Vista and all it's features, I was just saying with a 256 MB graphics card it would be a bit faster.

For what version of Vista, it's really up to what you want. I would probably get Home Premium or Ultimate, I wouldn't get Basic.

Windows Vista: Choose An Edition

Be aware, that, like XP, Vista (32-bit) will not see all 4GB of RAM; it will see about 3 and a quarter.

Courtney sends....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts