Win 10 and MS forced bloatware

Johnny b

John
Microsoft just force restarted my Windows PC again to install more unwanted apps
https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/17...thout-permission-update-word-powerpoint-excel

Microsoft had installed unsolicited, unwanted web app versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook onto my computer.
.................. this time Microsoft is merely sneaking unwanted web apps onto my PC — and using my Windows 10 Start Menu as free advertising space. Did I mention that icons for Microsoft Office apps have magically appeared in my Start Menu, even though I’ve never once installed Office on this computer?

These aren’t full free copies of Office, by the way. They’re just shortcuts to the web version you could already access in any web browser of your choice, which double as advertisements to pay for a more fully featured copy.

Yep...I found them the hard way....well really just looking after the update. Then I immediately uninstalled them. I have no need for any of that crap.

I wish there was a customize install of windows where you were allowed to uncheck what apps you want and don't want during a clean install. I'm just kidding myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online