1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 10 error 'KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED'

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mobythevillan, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mobythevillan

mobythevillan Thread Starter

I just wanted to share a bit of a problem I've had with MS's generous free upgrade to Win 10 on my Medion laptop. A few weeks ago I received notification that my upgrade was ready for download and the procedure was started but in order to ensure I had important stuff backed up, I clicked its 'postpone' button to a day later and clicked proceed. Instead, the download seemed to start immediately but I assumed it was part of the postpone procedure. No, Win 10 was installing immediately. No problem, I thought. YES, big problem! The install stopped with the above error and went into a loop of starting, error, re-starting. Not being a proper techie, the only thing I could think of doing was switching off and performing a recovery, which I did but Win 7 re-installed after having presumably formatting the drive, as I found I had lost everything when the laptop eventually re-started. Even using recovery software (Recuva/Piriform) was unsuccessful. Everything has gone.

I wonder if anyone has had similar problems? Is it worth attempting another 'upgrade'? And yes, a backup has been made, not that there's anything of note that needs saving now :)

Thanks for 'listening',

Simon....

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1155031

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice