Win 10 install can't find any sdd/hdd

Mirtillone

Hi,
specs: lenovo thinkstation d20, 2xXeon X5500, 32 Gb 1066 ram, GTX760
I have a 128gb ssd where linux is installed, a 600gb ntfs hhd with old files, a 1tb ext4 hhd with some photos and a new 480gb kingston ssd where i want to put my windows, i can format it from linux.

few months ago windows just died, it would not load, so i made a usb setup pen at work and launched it. it couldn't find any hdd/sdd

i lowcost adapted and installed debian. for the few things that i had to do it was ok. now i have some free time and i want to fix this.

i tried shift+F11 -> diskpart -> list disk.
it gives empty on all connections

i tried putting sdd drivers in the usb key and installing them during disk selection during windows setup, but it does not work.

i tried bios-checking if the disks are there and they are there.

do you have any ideas?

Fireflycph

Morten
Sounds like the disk died.
Try with a different disk and see whether it's being recognized. If possible, remove the disk, install in different system and see if it's recognized there.

Go on manufacturer's website and download a disk diagnostic program. It should tell you whether the disk is bad.

Mirtillone

Sounds like the disk died.
Try with a different disk and see whether it's being recognized. If possible, remove the disk, install in different system and see if it's recognized there.

Go on manufacturer's website and download a disk diagnostic program. It should tell you whether the disk is bad.
linux on the same machine reads all the disks
windows on different machine reads all the disks
i'll try the disk diagnostic program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts