1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Win 10 Problem with Camera

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by znord737, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. znord737

znord737 Thread Starter

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-6F57CP5
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model K52F
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. K52F.212, 01/11/2010
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.371"
    User Name DESKTOP-6F57CP5\Dronz Arigho
    Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 3.79 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.50 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 4.48 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.86 GB
    Page File Space 704 MB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

PC originally had win 7 installed - all worked great no problems.

Took Windows 10 Upgrade and thats when problem started. The Integral Camera displayed everything upside down, using Skype was very difficult , The display on other friends PC's also displayed my video upside down.

Information on the Web indicated that for some reason ASUS did not have any facility to flip the image so that it could display the video correctly. I came across umpteen solutions tried by some ASUS users, some worked for them but when I tried they did not work for me.

When the Windows 10 Upgrade took place they upgraded the Camera Information and Installed the Windows Driver which did not work. Contacting ASUS indicated that they had no plans to issue a driver suitable for Windows 10, whenI contacted Microsoft they said that their driver was the latest one and should work ok failing that the suggested I go back and contact ASUS which I did with n o results.

Now I have a message displayed which for some reason wont let me copy and paste so here is what it says,
    We cannot find your Camera. Check to make sure it is connected and installed properly,that it is not being blocked by anti virus and that your camera drivers are up to date.Error Code displayed is OxOAOOF4244

Apologies if this is somewhat longwinded but prefer to give the whole story rather than having people guess has he tried this or that.

Any information or assistance gratefully received

Znord737

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Do you have the new windows 10 update installed, Version 1803 which came out on April 30, 2018.
    Have you checked your camera manufacturer website for any driver updates.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  3. znord737

znord737 Thread Starter

Thank you for yiur response
    1. Yes 1803 is installed
    2 yes
    Znord737

4. znord737

znord737 Thread Starter

I now have a Picture on the Camera after uninstalling the previous driver, and restarting again but once again it is upside down. AS I reached a stalemate I found a quirky temp fix which is loading a Program called May Cam. Whilst this works it is cumbersome when working on Skype. I am sure if there is a proper fix this would be much better
    Znord737

5. znord737

znord737 Thread Starter

Do you have any other suggestions I can try out to fix this problem?
    Znord737

6. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you tried doing these steps.

7. znord737

znord737 Thread Starter

Thank you for the advice, I am working on that at this moment will revert when completed.Znord737

8. znord737

znord737 Thread Starter

Apologies for the length of time it appears I have taken to respond. This mainly being due to the run around I have had trying to deal with the ASUS support people.

After a rather lengthy dialogue I was informed by ASUS UK Support that my PC was not suitable to be upgraded to Windows 10. Subsequently I responded that Windows did an upgrade check on my PC before they upgraded it and said it was fine. Some 4 years later having used the PC for that length of time on Win 10 without any problems apart from having to hold the PC upside down to use Skype I just find that hard to believe.

I managed to contact a very helpful ASUS support individual who gave me a special link to gain access to the driver download website and even suggested a driver I could try. Anyway when I subsequently downloaded the driver and had a look at the PID I could see it was no where near compatible with the Integral Camera I was using and guessed it would not work which it did not when installed.

No problems I thought I can use the same link and get into the ASUS driver downloads again and look for some more suggestions. What I did not realise that the special link given to access had a time duration attached to it so trying the same link again was fruitless ,it was impossible to access the drivers .

It appears I am stuck between a rock and a hardstone here , suggestions as to how I might fix the problem are now becoming difficult because I cannot access the manufacturers driver download web site.

Having Googled the Problems with the ASUS Web Site apparently I am not the only person who is having to try and cope with being unable to access the ASUS driver download website. Having digested umpteen individual ASUS user complaints it appears that some time within the past 12 maybe 36 Months ASUS released their new web support site which from day one was fraught with problems. It appears on the surface that the PCs built within the last 1 to 3 years are sorted out but that any PC over 3 years old the driver
    download site has not been fixed and the whole issue has been swept under the proverbial carpet leaving users like myself out in limbo. Not what one would call a good customer relations strategy.

I asked the ASUS support people seven times , tell me do you have a problem with your driver download web site , why does half it work and the other half not work ? not once did they make any comment . It may of course be such an embarrassment to them they just dont want to make any comment !

I am much appreciative and thankful of the time and excellent advice you have already provided and with my limited knowledge without recourse to assistence from ASUS I do not believe I can go any further unless your expertise can come up with another solution as all the solutions hinge on contacting the manufacturers down load site.

I know this may sound a dumb question to you , but what if I installed an external USB web cam would that work?
    Znord737

9. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    "what if I installed an external USB web cam would that work"?

If you have no other choice you can order one thru amazon. If it does not work then you have the option to return it back. Make sure they have a return policy.

10. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek

1. What is your version of the installed camera driver?
    2. Can you provide the Hardware ID? Tab Details from Device Manager.

11. znord737

znord737 Thread Starter

Thank you for the info , in the interim I purchased an external usb plug in camera - hey presto problem solved, frankly I have spent so much time on this issue my hair has fallen out and in hindsight I should have got a replacement camera in the first instance. The camera driver that was installed by windows during an update did not seem to want to integrate with an integral camera so I have kicked the issue into touch and am happy with my new cam. I will now mark this problem as solved and in addition thank you kindly for all the help and suggestions you have provided
    Znord737

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice