Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 10 Sleep mode won't stay asleep

Solved 
717 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
My computer started having problems with sleep mode... it turns off the computer and monitor, but after about 20 seconds the computer turns back on. I have tried numerous things, like setting the sleep mode to different modes then back to the Balanced and set to default. I updated my video driver to the latest version and I ran some Win 10 self diagnosis programs for the sleep programs with no luck. I have the latest bios and everything else seems to work fine. Are there other drivers that might be causing problems or known software programs?
I ran the command, powcfg commands and took a screen shot attached.

Thanks,

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20200807213151.000000-480
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Hard Drives: C: SSD 465 GB (73 GB Free); D: WD 931 GB (298 GB Free); F: SSD 230 GB (226 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68A-D3H-B3
System: Award Software International, Inc., ver GBT - 42302e31
Antivirus: Norton Security Online, Enabled and Updated

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
For the three devices shown in your screenshot
go device manager
on those devices - right click - click properties
power management tab
uncheck
allow this device to wake the computer.

Another possibility is Norton
It does have some history of waking the computer from sleep

#4 ·
For the three devices shown in your screenshot
go device manager
on those devices - right click - click properties
power management tab
uncheck
allow this device to wake the computer.

Another possibility is Norton
It does have some history of waking the computer from sleep
Thanks, I had tried that with no luck, it was a Realtek driver causing the problem.
Also, it's strange, I don't have Norton installed anymore, I now use the Comcast security system... maybe they use Norton?

#3 ·
Thanks everyone... I got it working. The command screen showing only the mouse and keyboard was not showing a Realtek audio driver that got installed by some earlier software update and the reason it didn't show in the screenshot above when I did the command query was because I had apparently put the computer to sleep before logging in. When I redid the powercfg -devicequery wake_armed it also showed the Realtek driver which I have no use for because I use Creative Soundblaster drivers for my seperate card. I ran the Command line powercfg -deficedisablewake "realteck ----" and it removed it from the sleep startup.. It is no longer giving me any problems.

#5 ·
Cheers
Pleased you sorted it

Reactions: rhoag
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.