Win 10 sticking at “diagnosing your PC” page at startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MeDave

Win 10 sticking at “diagnosing your PC” page at startup. System drive is an SSD. I am typing this from an iPad because I can’t get into my computer.

Use a working PC to download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to generate a Windows setup USB memory stick / DVD. Boot with that and on the second screen choose Repair.

No, the MS Media Creation Tool is a program that needs to run on a Windows PC. You will need to enlist the help of a friend if you don't have a PC.

MeDave

No, the MS Media Creation Tool is a program that needs to run on a Windows PC. You will need to enlist the help of a friend if you don't have a PC.
OK thanks.
Can this be done via a iMac?
[/

If your PC is stuck at startup without any command prompt or any way of interaction, then booting into that Windows Setup USB and choosing repair is the only way out.

It is hard to say what happened, and Windows Update rolls out steadily across the population, can't say when it would hit you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!