Win 10 will not open in dual setup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Abie2

I have had a dual system for the last few years, win 7 and win 10 on my desktop. This morning as I usually open with Win 7. When restart the pc to go to win 10, i heard the win 10 theme sound, but it was cut off and all i keep getting is a black screen. I checked msconfig and see both OS there with win 7 as my default in the Boot tab. After shuting down the pc and reboot and choose win 10 directly i get that sound again and this time a message that its aware that i have a problem starting win 10 and gave me the option to repair or try rebooting. I think the repair option is going to ask me if i have a win 10 disc, which i do not have, after all it was a freebee. Any ideas how to get my win 10 back?

You can create Windows 10 installation media any time

You will need a spare 8GB or larger flash drive

Go to this website

Download Windows 10
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to Create Windows 10 installation media

Select Download tool now

You will download MediaCreationTool21H1.exe

Run MediaCreationTool21H1.exe

Select "Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC"

Insert flash drive in computer

Continue until finished

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online