1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win 2000 admin logon

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by papashoes, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. papashoes

papashoes Thread Starter

I have been tasked with rejuvenating a pc with win 200 sp4 installed. The unit was given as a gift from a company that was upgrading hardware. The problem is of course The pc boots, win 2000 starts but the dreaded login window appears( administrator). The supplier does not know what the admin password may have been. (small company with frequent staff changes). Any hope to reclaim this or am I destined for a new OS install?

2. rude

rude

Have you tried booting to safemode?

3. papashoes

papashoes Thread Starter

yes and to command prompt also same thing -- administrator password required.
    Options only gives me the option to "dial in " to connect which is not an option

Thanks

4. rude

rude

I've heard you can(and someone will correct me if I am wrong)bypass the password by booting from a 2000 boot disc.You may need to change boot order in BIOS

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Well you can pay $149 for ERD Commander. This utility has a program called LockSmith on it. It will allow you to change the password of any account on the machine.

Or you can go onto google and search for Offline NT Password Change.
    Offline NT Password

Click on the first thing google finds.

6. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

There is free software what will let you create a boot floppy to change any password on the system. We have been previously asked not to post the actual address of programs that will let you hack. So just send me an e-mail and I'll send you the link.

The program works great. Needed it twice just this past week.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice