win 2000 admin logon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

papashoes

I have been tasked with rejuvenating a pc with win 200 sp4 installed. The unit was given as a gift from a company that was upgrading hardware. The problem is of course The pc boots, win 2000 starts but the dreaded login window appears( administrator). The supplier does not know what the admin password may have been. (small company with frequent staff changes). Any hope to reclaim this or am I destined for a new OS install?

papashoes

yes and to command prompt also same thing -- administrator password required.
Options only gives me the option to "dial in " to connect which is not an option

Thanks

I've heard you can(and someone will correct me if I am wrong)bypass the password by booting from a 2000 boot disc.You may need to change boot order in BIOS

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Well you can pay $149 for ERD Commander. This utility has a program called LockSmith on it. It will allow you to change the password of any account on the machine.

Or you can go onto google and search for Offline NT Password Change.
Offline NT Password

Click on the first thing google finds.

There is free software what will let you create a boot floppy to change any password on the system. We have been previously asked not to post the actual address of programs that will let you hack. So just send me an e-mail and I'll send you the link.

The program works great. Needed it twice just this past week.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online