Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2000 computer needs drivers.. where was that site?

735 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rocknchic 
#1 ·
I know there is a site where you can get drivers free. I've been to it.. but can't remember the name. I need a couple drivers.. but can't find a reputable site anywhere. I dont have the original anything for this computer, it's a spare and originally had the Compaq restore discs (restore disc are worthless in my eyes) so it's been reformatted a couple times since.

I need the following updated:

* VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
* VIA USB Universal Host Controller
* AMC EZ Card 10/100 SMC1211TX

One of these will make my monitor higher than 16 bit color? I hope?

Is there anything else I need to do to check (after reformatting) to make this thing run more smoothly?

Thanks in advance! :)

#2 ·
If it's a Compaq you should get the drivers from them, they may be "variants" on the commercial ones for the motherboard particular to the Compaq BIOS.

They should be on the Compaq (now the HP) site, they will be free to downlod.

You should never have to pay for device drivers if you go to the correct place (the makers website) in the first instance.

#3 ·
#4 ·
well.. I did find the driver I need... S3 Savage S4

I got it downloaded... however... when I go to install, it says I need a file I dont have and suggests I put the disc in with that file.

The site was none of those... I thought it was driverzone.com ? not sure... in any case.. when I used it last time, it was nice and friendly.. and all the ones I've looked into recently are spamming freaks. Fill out these 5000 surveys and maybe someday we'll let you look at a list of drivers. grr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.