1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win 2000 firefox/ IE / internet problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dlads, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlads

dlads Thread Starter

Hi everyone this is my first post so hope someone can help me, :) ok here goes everytime i try to go on certain sites with my girlfriends pc, (its the only one online until i move my pc down here with a router) it just simply wont have them, it comes up with an error which is "Firefox.exe has generated errors and needs to be closed by windows. You may have to restart the program. an error log has been created". that is it, it happens on websites which you exchange with a lot like booking coach tickets online or downloading arcade roms but some others it doesnt, yahoo pool for example works perfect, its quite annoying and this happens with IE 6 and netscape and also firefox, personally id put the whole pc in the bin but she seems to like it, i said id have a go at fixing it while shes in work so here i am, there are a few problems with upgrading this piece of **** firstly its a piece of **** and everything is slow so XP will not be possible get the picture, heres the specs hope someone can help.
    Thanx.

Win 2000 Pro sp4
    Intel P2 mmx (2 cpus) 230mhz
    228 meg sd ram
    (lol you'll love this next one)
    Matrox millenium PCI 2MB graphics
    9 gig HD
    not sure on the cooling or the power supply and i dont really care ive already wasted enough time on this antique, someone help please, apparently im not the only person with this problem, i checked a few other sites out first. Thanx again.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice