1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 2000 Login Password and User Name??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MeinDCIC, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MeinDCIC

MeinDCIC Thread Starter

I have a Win 2000 system and I thought I turned this feature off, but it seem that when I turn the system on first thing in the morning I have to login. Anytime after that that I boot up during the same day it does not ask for that info.

How can I turn this feature off completely??

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Try start>settings>control panel. When the control panel opens double click on "User and Passwords". When the next box opens, at the top uncheck "users must enter a user name and password to use this computer". Click apply, Click OK. See if that solves your problem.

3. MeinDCIC

MeinDCIC Thread Starter

I tried that but still no go.

4. valis

valis Moderator

If it's unchecked in windows, it may still be on in bios, depending on what bios you have. Doubtful, but worth a look.

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

You may have to blank the password in the registry. This program is generally sucessful in blanking the password, but it must be used with caution. BE SURE to read the section that begins with; DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

BTW, if you use this program it is a good idea to print out the instructions for reference before beginning.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/501192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice