1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 2000 op sys not found; Ultra 66 bios not installed - Help?!?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by owholmes3, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owholmes3

owholmes3 Thread Starter

found dark screen on computer; hit ENTER several times---nothing; reset computer; mesg: "Ultra66 bios is not installed; 2 quick screens --- then OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND!

Reset computer few more times --- same thing! Whipped out 2000 Professional CD-ROM and reset computer. mesg: "Ultra 66 Bios is not installed." Then quick screen says "Couldn't boot from partition ~~~~~ then Windows 2000 Setup screen (Blue) comes up. I select repair and Windows files begin to load.

I got to repair options: must choose 1) recovery console or 2) emergency repair. I choose emergency repair, but no go because I do not have an emergency repair disk. Back to repair options.

I then choose recovery console. Screen comes up saying "Recovery Console provides sytem repair and recovery functionality. Type EXIT to quit the Recovery Console and restart the computer. The paith or file specified is not valid." THEN I GET A C:> PROMPT!

Help!?!?!? anybody? I don't want to lose my hard disk info.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANKS
    FROM A :( :confused: :( OW

2. owholmes3

owholmes3 Thread Starter

Issue Resolved. A tech friend said HD isn't being recognized. He recommended opening the pc and performing double check of the connection from the HD to the motherboard.

I opened the pc case and wouldn'tyouknow it, I found a lose connection. How it happened? -- dunno! Fixed the connection, closed the case, and restarted pc. Running fine now.

Thanks to anyone that viewed my post.

I appreciate your time and consideration.

Thanks,
    from a :D OW

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!