Win 2000k pro startup prob!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ozzy11

Hi everyone,
I recently had a pc(old 300mhz) given to me.Hard drive was toast.So,I got a new hard drive and loaded win2kpro.No matter what I type in at logon password I get this message,

"The system could not log you on due to the following error

The specified domain either does not exist or could not be

contacted.Please try again."

I know I`m putting in the correct user and password. I`m signing on as Administrator. Any one know what to do?Thanks in advance.
OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

etaf

Wayne
select options - and that should open the login screen and display the domain you may be logging in with - make sure its set to the computer for admin

Try getting into safe mode and maybe change the passwords..

There should be no domain logon if you have not set up the networking client to check for a domain controller at logon. You should be using the admin account that you set up dunring the set up process and logging into the lacal workgroup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!