Win 2k and gaming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chewie1012

When win 2k first came out it wasn't very multi media friendly and games didn't work very well on it. Is this still the case or has it improved since then with updates etc?

yes,its seen improvements since its 1st launch but 98 is still the best for the older gamers.nearly all games from the last 5 or 6 years will run on 98...........2k and xp better o/s for everything else.

Tushman

Banned
Chewie,

So many people are under the misunderstanding that Win 200 Pro is only for hard core programmers / sys admins/ or alike.

While W2K a succession of NT 4.0, some games actually do run just fine under W2K. I have Serious Sam and Delta Force 2 and have no problems whatsoever playing them under W2K.

chewie1012

Tushman,
Thanks for your advice.
Well the computer I am building is for my kids. They have a lot of games. I want whatever is going to work the best for them with the least amount of maintenance on my part.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online