1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 2k bug ????? Impossible =)))

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Albator, Aug 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Albator

Albator Thread Starter

I have five computer equipped whit Win 2000 french edition. And some Win 2000 dont want to load the profil of the user ??? It take 2 or 3 reboot after it works ??? Whath I do wrong during the installation ??? The user are not defind on the machine but on the domaine ...help !!! Sorry for my english

2. Reuel Miller

Reuel Miller

Greetings

What errors are you getting? What happens when a user logs on? Are the profiles on the server or are they all on the local machine?

Cheers

------------------
    Reuel Miller
    Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

3. Albator

Albator Thread Starter

Cheer
    No the profil are not on the server... the user logon to the domain only.. Sometimes win2k dont want to load the profile of the user. You will find the profil of the user in document and setting ... When he does that he transform the profil in.bak ???

4. Reuel Miller

Reuel Miller

Greetings

Do you have any anti-virus software running? How was it installed? Sometimes, when this kind of software is installed, it asks for a user account to be given so that it can start it's services. If the person installing the software gives the user's details, instead of the system account, then the virus software uses the user's profile to load its services.

Then, when the user wants to log in, they can not access their profile as the file is already open.

So, have a look in the Computer Admin section under services, and make sure that none of the services is being started by the user's account.

Cheers

------------------
    Reuel Miller
    Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased :) )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/29020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice