Win 2K Install Hangs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cfreyman

Ive got the computer booting to the cdrom first....it picks it up then asks if i want to boot from cd...i click anybutton to do so, but then it just sits there....any ideas out there in techland?

crjdriver

Have you tried making the four startup disks and booting from them? You will find a folder on the win2k cd called bootdisk or make disk [I cannot remember] access that folder and have four floppies ready.
As to why it will not boot from the cd are you getting any error messages such as invalid system disk or something like that?

cfreyman

yeah it helps if you have a FUNCTIONING keyboard....thats all it was....geeeeeze!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online