1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 7 2012 Fake program

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Marika65, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marika65

Marika65 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm trying to help a friend with a business and cannot seem to resolve this issue. I have spent several hours on his computer and trying to find answers to this fix here......

First of all, on start up - it reads:
    1)
    Windows cannot find C\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again~
    2) Windows cannot find C\Windows\System32\ThpSrv.exe. Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again.
    3) Win 7 Antivirus 2012 - Unregistered Version ATTENTION DANGER
    option to register or remind me later
    4) Win 7 Antivirus 2012 has blocked a program from accessing the internet....it then says: Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
    5) It obviously gives the option to activate or contine unprotected
    If I click on yes, activate I get to a page asking for $.
    If I click NO continue unprotected dangerous it still won't let me get on the internet.
    I did create another user account with administrative permissions and got on FIREFOX.

I don't know what is going on or what to do. I worked on computers a long time ago. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks very much in advance........
    I cannot get on the internet - I can't add or remove programs -I tried to get ESET and it just keeps popping up with a box that says the computer is badly infected and I need to purchase this program.
    He said it worked fine up until someone installed something called ONDEMAND <--that will not remove

I tried system restore
    I tried booting in safe mode and trying a few answers to a similar problem here to no avail.

I would really appreciate the help as the only thing I am thinking left to do is reinstall Windows.

It's a Toshiba Laptop - with Windows 7.

He has some pictures and documents on here that he'd like saved.

I'm new again to this site.....I'm not sure about the hijack log thing I read in the _must read before posting_
    -----------
    Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks very much in advance,

Marika

2. Marika65

Marika65 Thread Starter

well......didn't get any help here (not sure why as I have in the past without even posting)

I found 3 viruses -

got rid of 2 manually. The last one - just would not go.

I don't think there was any other option than to do a clean reinstall of windows.

Good luck to anyone who gets this nasty virus.

I'd love to see a fix on here that works without having to do a clean reinstall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030124

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice