Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 7 additional licence

669 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LJSilver 
#1 ·
Hi guys I have win 7 Full version installed on my computer. I want to buy a second computer and put an additional operating system on it from the same disc of the full version. Can I do this? how? how much will it cost ? and what is involved. Am I better off just buying a new second O/S? Apparently it is possible to get another licence serial number to use with the original discs. Cheers

#2 ·
the software can be copied - its the license key that needs to be unique for each installation
so yes you can use a copy of a windows cd and then you will need a key to activate

is the copy you have a full retail copy or was it supplied with a PC and so is OEM ?

the PC you are buying , does it come with an OS at all ?

#3 ·
Beware of the sites selling cheap licenses, many are not legitimate in one way or another. You can buy an OEM copy for about $99.

Almost all new PC's come with Windows, having the O/S pre-loaded by the manufacturer or builder is the cheapest way to get Windows on the PC.

#5 ·

Hi etaf, It’s a full retail set of discs and activated. The PC will come with an O/S installed (compatible with the Win 7 O/S discs I have)
Triple6 , thanks,I will be buying from Microsoft only, if possible, regarding this issue.
Hi Ziggy1, thanks ,but OEM is not for me, I have the full retail version, if I can get an additional licence key it will have to be a Microsoft package. My own supplier is 100% regarding O/S but I do not think they can suppy additional licence keys.
Thanks guys I really think Microsoft is the way to go on this issue .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.