1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 7 Boot up loop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by beerexpert, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beerexpert

beerexpert Thread Starter

I am running Windows 7, SP1, 64 bit. I ran a utility which resulted in not bring able to boot in "normal" mode but was initially able to use "Safe" mode. Eventually, all I got for either mode attempt was a screen which said that I failed to boot and only gave that option to boot in Safe mode. When that was selected, it would cycle around to the "Failed to boot" screen again. I need to eliminate this cycle so that I may do a Win 7 system disc "repair"

Any hints on how to break the loop?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Do you have access to another Win 7 64 bit computer?
    If so make a System Repair Disk
    https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-repair-windows-vista-without-a-vista-dvd-disc/
    scroll down to this section Creating a Windows 7 Repair Boot CD

You may have to run the repair 3 times befor the computer boots properly so don't be discouraged if after running it once, the same behavior occurs. Just repeat the repair a 2nd time.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the exact name and version of the utility that you ran?

If it's a utility that claims to fix problems and clean the registry and make a computer run better and faster, it may have damaged the Windows operating system and is wreaking havoc with your computer.

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice