1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 7 defender pro

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ryladine, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryladine

ryladine Thread Starter

I was infected today, and went to
    http://www.xp-vista.com/spyware-rem...-pro-aveexe-win-7-defender-pro-aveexe-removal
    for removal instructions (my virus scanner microsoft security suite was disalbed by the virus)

I found it on bing so it probably wasnt the most reliable but it seems to have done the job, except i couldnt find the virus' exe or anything like that, but i got rid of the registry values that was causing it to start so i am somewhat content

the problem is now many things will not start, windows is saying:

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the defualt programs control pannel.

some things that wont open include

Calculator
    mozilla firefox
    internet explorer
    any of the games i have tried
    excetera

I am also now getting a message saying:

Error in SHeLL32.dll
    Missing entry SHCREATELOCALSERVERRUNDLL

I tried restoring windows to an earlier date but the program wont open.

It is possible to reinstall windows if necisarry but i would like to avoid if at all possible, I can follow most directions, and likeley would have avoided this problem if i had been paying more attention to the registry values it had infected. i belive it is likeley that i messed some thing up with the registry value:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command “(Default)” = “%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe” /START “%1? %*

as i simply removed it as the guide i used suggested
    but i am unsure wether it could still be the virus which is why i posted this here, if a moderator feels it would be better suited elsewhere please, feel free to move it.

2. ryladine

ryladine Thread Starter

If Ic ould get a copy of the registry of another computer with the same ooperating system would that corryect my issue? I know that some problems may occur with my programs, but reinstalling the aplication should fix anything that may come up, and restoring my ability to run all my programs is my first priority.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice