1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 7 folder extensions?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Logzorz, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logzorz

Logzorz Thread Starter

Hello I'm experiencing problems with my folder layout, I'm unsure what I did and would like to revert it back to like it was.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/zzzzzi.png/ is how it looks after
    I vaguely remember accidentally moving a folder into another one and it must have changed the settings, and i have no idea how to fix it, I tried all the restore defaults etc. but they didn't seem to do anything, thank you in advance. Its seems Homegroup, Computer and libaries got merged, and theres no 'undo' option for that specific problem.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Perhaps Folder Fix?

Unzip the fix and extract the .reg file to the desktop. Double-click it to merge it to the registry. Note that you need to be an Administrator to apply this fix.

Restart the computer.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

3. Logzorz

Logzorz Thread Starter

Folder fix didnt work apparently, any other solutions you may have sir?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice