Win 7 gives permission error when accessing share on Vista machine

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SteveO_RR

Why is sharing so hard on windoze???

I have tried everything I could find to get this to work. Seems like renaming the user in 7 has caused the problem. Sharing works fine on a new user that I created but will not work on the renamed account. I even tried this

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itprovistanetworking/thread/cc1d74af-f739-4070-84fb-86319d103cc9

with no joy.

I would like to keep all the settings in the non sharing renamed account. Can it be copied into a new account then deleted or fixed?

TIA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online