1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 7 soft bugged

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by annonnymus, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. annonnymus

annonnymus Thread Starter

Hello ,
    I've installed 2 days ago .NET framework 4 beta 1 on my x64 windows 7 professional and since then some apps started to work rough or not work at all : Yahoo msgr didnt display any text , windows media player doesnt start at all, cant access direct control panel items ( I can only by displaying all items not grouped) and cand change desktop preferences or screen resolution("explorer.exe : no such interface supported" error).I've tryed a system repair with Win7 DVD but it didnt find any problem.
    :confused:

Any ideeas plx ? :)
    I apreciate your answers, thanx and Merry Christmas :p

2. warlord

warlord

id try starting at removing the .net and reinstalling and earlier full realease

3. annonnymus

annonnymus Thread Starter

This is what I did at the first encounter with the problem..IT didnt work at all,I uninstalled the framework and reinstalled beta 2 and uninstalled again..and nothin.:confused:

4. warlord

warlord

well if you are absolutly sure that the framework messed your pc up and an uninstall wont fix it than it is quite possible that the framework has left some irreverible damage to your system and only a complete reformat will fix this

however if you had any backup points on your system you could try rolling back a few before the framework install

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice