win 7 will not install getting mad need help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Altizmo

Hi there potential Helpers to my cause ive recently built a new pc which consists of a intel quad core i5 on a gigabyte H61M-USB-B3 mother board 8 gb ddr 1333mhz ram, cdrom sata, WD caviar Blue 160gb 3gbs/sec sata hdd.So here is the issue im facing clean install of windows 7 loads to the screen where you can partition the hdd and all that sort of thing the system asks to have the drivers disc inserted and the compatible drivers loaded so it can see the hdd this sometimes works and then i can proceed with install but after that i get an error code which translate to basically couldnt install because no drive was present.
Ive followed everything in the book to the letter and now im at my wits end
PLEASE HELP ME

No drivers should be needed to access any drives for Win 7 setup. What driver are you giving it?

Check BIOS, too, and make sure the drive you want is designated as the boot drive, if there is a choice.

Altizmo

yep formatted partitioned with 20gb dedicated to OS and still nothing

Altizmo

at the partition and format option screen in windows 7 install cd there is an option to load drivers in order for the mobo to know what/where to install the OS to the book that came with the mobo says to use the marvel RAID/ACHI drivers floppy x64 it searches for the only relevant drivers to whats installed but as far as i can tell they do stuff all. the hdd is a WD and ive tried install the drivers for that too but no luck yet the bios is now recognising there is a drive there as it wasnt before.

20 GB's is an extremely small amount for Win7. Try making it larger. You wouldn't even be able to install programs. Even if the Program Files folder is on another drive, many programs still install the majority of their files to the system drive. Temp files use double the final installation space, too.

Altizmo

ive now dedicated the entire drive to the os and still no luck on installing it, everytime it goes to blue screen i get a different resulting stop code i.e. Stop: 0x0000007E or 7f or 50 or 6b or 24 so on and so forth a duifferent one each time

hi try formatting the hd using different utility program like paragone partion manager or similer i had some problem with HD that windows 7 coudnt install on the drive then i did the same as you have done , all drive one partion and also make sure the drive should be C:

Altizmo

Thank you all for your help i have now got the problem solved it was a combination of things firstly the sata power conector from the psu was dodgey so i changed conectors and also shifted the data conection to port 3 of 4 and then reduced the ram down 2gb 1 or all of these were the reasons for my issue but im not going back to find out now i cant be bothered lol
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL AND HAVE A MERRY X-MAS.

I was going to suggest a RAM test due to the random errors.

But glad you got it.

You can mark your thread "solved" using the button at the top of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online