1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 7 Won't Boot BSOD HD indicates it is 100%full

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Fauss88, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fauss88

Fauss88 Thread Starter

I Have a Toshiba Portege R707 Running Windows 7 Home Prem, 64 bit. A few days ago it began getting sluggish and my wife finally told me it was frozen and would not boot. I have tried booting it to a repair disk, safe mode and using an original boot disk. It simply freezes and I am not sure how to get a copy of the BSOD as it flashes through very quickly. I am not sure why the HD filled up completely or how to eliminate some of the files/data to give windows enough room to start. I have Partition Wizard Home Edition Home Edition 7.1 and could clean it out for a restart but would like to save the Picts and Docs if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Boot to a "rescue disk" (that will run entirely in RAM or off the disk) to delete unneeded files and/or backup data. Puppy Linux is one possibility.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice