1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WIn 7 won't save server access credentials

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by robbie5924, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbie5924

robbie5924 Thread Starter

I'm not sure if this belongs under "Windows 7" or "Networking," but since the only aspect that has changed is Windows 7, I'll post this here....

I just bought a new laptop at work - a Lenovo T430 with Windows 7. This is replacing my older Dell laptop than ran Windows XP. We have a company server and I configured my new computer the same way I did the old Dell so that I could access our network printer and server.

The printers work fine, however I have one problem accessing our server. When I access the server, after my computer has been turned off, it again asks me for my user name and password. Once I enter those, my server access is just fine.....I can go in and out of the server at will until I power down my computer. At that point if I turn the computer back on, it will again prompt me for my user name and credentials. I click on the "remember by credentials" box and that doesn't help.

I went into the Credentials Manager and tried entering my information under a generic credential for the server and that didn't make any difference either.

This is more of an annoyance than anything else, but it would be nice to not be annoyed with my new laptop and have it operate in the same way as the old Dell did in this regard. (In the Dell with WIndows XP, I was never asked for my server access name and password after I first configfured it.)

I figure that this has got to be some weird Windows 7 thing, and I am hoping that i just need to turn off or turn on a box somewhere to get Win 7 to remember my credentials!

Any direction or help would be most appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice