1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win 7 x64 blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kukas, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kukas

kukas Thread Starter

Hi all,

I just formatted my HDD two weeks ago cause windows started to give me blue screen
    every 20 minutes..so Idecided to clean everything and reinstall win7 x64..

this morning while working I needed some files from my external HDD
    and after 5 minutes I was looking for a file..suddenly blue screen again..

windows gave me the directory where the .sysdata.xml contains the error
    I ask u cause I don t know whats appening and its driving me crazy!!

I have the xml file attached in a rar archive..
    any suggestion?

Pls help me if u can

ps: sorry for my english..
    :)

Attached Files:

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

What we could do with seeing is the minidump file.

First locate your minidump files, open Windows Explorer and click on the C: drive in the left pane, in the right pane look down the list of folders and double click on Windows to view its contents. NOTE: If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. Scroll down the contents of the Windows folder and look for a folder called minidump and double click on it. You should now see the minidump files which will have a .dmp extension.

Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder (if there are less then just zip up what you have).

NOTE: To zip up the files in Windows (all versions). Right click the file, click on Send To, and then click
    Compressed (zipped) Folder. That will create a zip folder containing a copy of the file, you should see it appear.

If there is more than one .dmp file click on the first one, hold down the shift key and then click on the last one. That should highlight all the files. Then right click in the highlighted area, click on Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.

• Below the Message Box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a new window opens.
    • Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and click on it so it becomes highlighted and click on Open.
    • Now click on the Upload button. Wait for the Upload to complete, it will appear just below the Browse box.
    • When done, click on the Close this window button at the top of the page.
    • Enter your message-text in the message box, then click on Submit Message/Reply.

3. kukas

kukas Thread Starter

Hi
    thx so much

attached the file u requested :)
    there was only one file in that folder...

the very strange thing is that I worked all day long and nothing happened..
    but this morning while searching on my external HDD win gave me blue screen..
    never happened before ..I used to work with my HDD plugged for 3 years!!

thx so much in advance
    pls let me know
    best regards
    :)

Attached Files:

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

The crash dump didn't name any driver as the cause, this is the list of possible causes:

Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS.

As long as your PC is running without any other faults I would suspect the external drive has developed a fault, try running it on another PC and see if the problem repeats.

You could also try running a disk check on it and posting the log.

Disk Check

• Click on Start then type cmd in the search box. A menu will pop up with cmd at the top, right click on it and select Run as Administrator. Another box will open, at the prompt type chkdsk X: /r and hit Enter. Note: you must include a space either side of the X:, you must also substitute the X: for the drive letter of your external drive.
      [*]You will then see the following message:
      chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)
      [*]Type Y for yes, and hit Enter. Then reboot the computer.
      [*]chkdsk will start when Windows begins loading again. Let all 5 phases run and don't use or turn off the computer. (The chkdsk process may take an hour or more to finish, if it appears to freeze this is normal so do not interrupt it. On drives above 500GB it can take several hours.)
      [*]When the Disk Check is done, it will finish loading Windows.

Then follow this guide to find the chkdsk log. NOTE: You need to do the search for wininit not chkdsk.
    Windows 7 Disk Check log

Once the log is in view then click on Copy in the right hand pane and select "Copy details as text".
    You can then right click on the message box on this forum and select Paste and the log will appear, add any further information asked for and then click on Submit/Post Quick Reply and your done.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice