Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 7 XP mode password recovery/reset help?

809 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have a windows 7 professional computer at work, which needs to run win XP in virtual mode to run a gate system. I have set it up to auto login to the xp mode, and it seems to be working fine. However, I also have an emergency back up computer which I pulled out to update the other day, and it's asking for the winxp password, which I somehow did not get written down, arrrgh!!. Does anybody know of a why to find out the existing password from the main computer, so that I can get the back up computer working again? Or, at the least, a way to reset both of them if necessary? Thank you for your time. :)

#2 ·
I also have an emergency back up computer which I pulled out to update the other day, and it's asking for the winxp password, which I somehow did not get written down, arrrgh!!. Does anybody know of a why to find out the existing password from the main computer, so that I can get the back up computer working again?
From the TSG forum rules:

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.